How Can We Help?
< All Topics

What is the difference between a keg, a carboy and a drum?


These terms can be used interchangeably; different terms tend to be used in different industries.

Most of our customers refer to smaller drums (30L to 60L) as carboys. These have an open head, i.e. a large screw on lid with a gasket for a good seal.

Larger containers (120L to 200L) are mostly referred to as drums. We sell both open and closed head drums.

Large open head drums have a lid the size of the top of the drum which are sealed with a locking band. The large closed head drums have two 58mm openings in the top.


Table of Contents